Gaming, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo and PC!!
Zyphon
Nova
Nova

Game of Thrones - A Telltale Game's Series

by Zyphon Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:24 am

In the vein of such games/interactive series like The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, and the newer Tales from the Borderlands, Telltale has partnered with HBO to create: Game of Thrones - A Telltale Game's Series.

Basically the same as any other telltale series, it consists of exploration, light puzzles, very well done QTE action sequences, and, the biggest part, choices. Playing as Five different protagonists, Gared Tuttle, squire to Lord Forrester, Mira Forrester, handmaiden to Margaery Tyrell, Ethan Forrester, Lord Forrester's third-born son, Asher Forrester, the second-born son, exiled to Essos, and an unknown 5th protagonist, you can make choices that will create a rippling affect, changing events in the other character's stories, and creating a "tailored" experience for each player.

After the premiere Episode, Iron from Ice, the first of Six, 2 hour - 2 1/2 hour episodes, I can safely say that this series is going to be fantastic. It's brutal, bloody, deep and complex, with some remarkable original characters, as well as having been expertly woven into the ongoing story of the TV Series. Season One of Telltale's GoT will take place from the end of Season 3(the "Red Wedding" is the event that kicks everything off) to the beginning of Season 5.

The story focuses around House Forrester, a House from the novels, formerly Bannermen to House Stark, that owns the majority of Ironwood in Westeros. With the War of five Kings drawing to a close, the North is in chaos, and the fate of House Forrester hangs in the balance.

Oh, and they got all the actors from the TV Series to play their respective characters. The ones to appear in Episode One include Cersei and Tyrion Lannister, Margaery Tyrell, and Ramsey Snow, with characters like Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen confirmed to appear in later episodes.

Awesome Trailer for Episode One, no spoilers:
Kalk

Re: Game of Thrones - A Telltale Game's Series

by Kalk Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:34 pm

If it is anything like The Walking Dead TTS then I would certainly buy it when it's all done. The Walking Dead was just amazing. It's certainly built more on the story and man do they do a good job. I loved that game, certainly a tear jerker at the end. Hardcore.
Zyphon
Nova
Nova

by Zyphon Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:58 am

Kalk wrote:If it is anything like The Walking Dead TTS then I would certainly buy it when it's all done. The Walking Dead was just amazing. It's certainly built more on the story and man do they do a good job. I loved that game, certainly a tear jerker at the end. Hardcore.

It's basically the exact same thing, yes, in terms of how it works, anyway. Talk to people, make choices, etc.

No puzzle solving, but there re bits where you can walk around and explore, and the qtes have evolved a lot more than hitting q a lot, then e.
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Played it for about an hour. Super interesting I dare say. I've never played a TT game before, it feels very classic...
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Game of Thrones A Telltale Games Series

by Daniel Sun Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Lerakroxa wrote:I must be the weird one.

I've not even watched a single episode.

Am I really missing out?

Not watch the TV show? It's a must.
Return to VideoGames