All the latest news here..
User avatar
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am
Location: Australia

Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Daniel Sun Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:02 pm

Everybody! Culmination has been released on NEWGROUNDS
Go now and VOTE 5
**CLIK**CULMINATION NEWGORUNDS***CLIKIK**
User avatar
QwertyFail
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:58 am

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by QwertyFail Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:03 am

I just noticed there was an official "hacked" version of Culmination. :P
Image
Guest
 

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:37 am

Hey I'm a guest on the website so i just had to find a forum i could write in. Dan the AWW games are great. Just finished culmination! Glad your still making AWW game after the third one. These games will never get old. An idea for the next game to make. A prequel to AWW1, have it show the battles between vandheer against the rebel army and Lone warrior as a the 1st general for the rebels army as he takes on the Imperial army and vandheer himself! AWW4!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Cosminel Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:24 am

owww yea....let the game begin :twisted:
Image
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Mikoto Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:22 am

download... may? please :)
where/there
User avatar
Armed with Waffles
Black Hole
Black Hole
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Dagobah

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Armed with Waffles Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:14 pm

I have to say...
No Survival
Music was better in AwW 3
One boss
Few levels
No puzzles

And
Vandheer is playable, though just a bit.
Combat system is epic though there's not enough combat in the game.
Very potent AI
Multiple Achievements
Two difficulties.
Two endings.

With that alll said This game gets a 6.3/10
Considering the amount of time Dan put into this game I expected a bit more.

Peace

-- Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:15 pm --

Oh and no cutscenes. that's minus 0.3 points so that's a 6 out of 10.
GENTLEMAN!
Chop of my head with such velocity
that my blood will rocket through my neck,
and propel my lifeless body
ALL THE WAY TO PHOENIX!!!

Woooow... Yo, what's in Phoenix?

Why, it's your mama Steve.
GET THE AXE!!!
User avatar
Alessa Mason
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Alessa Mason Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Armed with Waffles wrote:I have to say...
No Survival
Music was better in AwW 3
One boss
Few levels
No puzzles

And
Vandheer is playable, though just a bit.
Combat system is epic though there's not enough combat in the game.
Very potent AI
Multiple Achievements
Two difficulties.
Two endings.

With that alll said This game gets a 6.3/10
Considering the amount of time Dan put into this game I expected a bit more.

Peace

-- Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:15 pm --

Oh and no cutscenes. that's minus 0.3 points so that's a 6 out of 10.


If I were you,
I will simple give 2/10 in terms of story development.
We, Forsaken, never give up.
We never forget.
We never die.
This. Is. Our. Land.
You want to stay.
You stay here forever.
We gonna bury you here.....
User avatar
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am
Location: Australia

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Daniel Sun Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Alessa Mason wrote:
Armed with Waffles wrote:I have to say...
No Survival
Music was better in AwW 3
One boss
Few levels
No puzzles

And
Vandheer is playable, though just a bit.
Combat system is epic though there's not enough combat in the game.
Very potent AI
Multiple Achievements
Two difficulties.
Two endings.

With that alll said This game gets a 6.3/10
Considering the amount of time Dan put into this game I expected a bit more.

Peace

-- Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:15 pm --

Oh and no cutscenes. that's minus 0.3 points so that's a 6 out of 10.


If I were you,
I will simple give 2/10 in terms of story development.


Sorry you didn't like it. What else can I say.
I did my best, next time I'll do better.
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Cosminel Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:57 pm

I don't understand you people...what story development???...it's simple...AWW just whent after Vandher....what is to know :evil:
Image
User avatar
Omar
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Mexico City

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Omar Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 pm

If i was new to the francise, i would love it.
but since i'm familiar to the other Aww series. i do think that this is the 1st Aww just re-imagined. just with better graphics and better combat system and different story.

i think feedback would be better from the fans.
User avatar
Armed with Waffles
Black Hole
Black Hole
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Dagobah

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Armed with Waffles Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:
Sorry you didn't like it. What else can I say.
I did my best, next time I'll do better.


It's not that we didn't like it. And no you didn't do your best. You did your best in developing the combat system and graphics and AI. But we all know you can do incredible cutscenes, get some guy to write you an amasing soundtrack, come up with a good story, and some new characters.

And no survival... that's like... Lone Warrior without scarf and fringe...

And even after that I still think you did a good job. But this isn't your best.
GENTLEMAN!
Chop of my head with such velocity
that my blood will rocket through my neck,
and propel my lifeless body
ALL THE WAY TO PHOENIX!!!

Woooow... Yo, what's in Phoenix?

Why, it's your mama Steve.
GET THE AXE!!!
User avatar
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am
Location: Australia

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Daniel Sun Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Guys, you will get your dream game. It will come, in time. I known what I'm doing.
But I'm not good enough as a designer to deliver that great game. I'm still growing, I need to get better.

Building Culmination was incredibly difficult. It took EVERYTHING out of me. It took so much out of me, that I needed to get out of my house and start working at a studio to change the environment.

I knew (before I starting making Culmination) that the game would be a stepping stone towards something greater. In fact, there are still a few more steps to take.
Armed with Wings 3 was a great game with many features. But it failed to any of them 100% justice. This is true, at least for me. I'd love to have fully animated cutscenes, I'd love to have EVEN MORE weapons, I'd love to have 'shadow of the colossus' -esc boss battles. And of course, I'd love to write a story that touches the heart.

I know I can't do all these things perfectly. Not yet. So I'm taking it one step at a time.

Culmination does an excellent job at combat.
The next step will focus on a new element. And I'll deliver my best work focusing on these elements until I'm ready to dream the dream & make it reality.

Hope you guys understand, that's all.
User avatar
Cosminel
Black Mist
Black Mist
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am
Location: Romania

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Cosminel Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:28 am

man I can't believe that CUlmination it's now on place 2 :twisted: ...not many games have this honor :) ....lately there were almoust only movies on the top :twisted:
Image
Mikoto
Ultra Nova
Ultra Nova
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Mikoto Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:36 pm

and I really liked the game. very beautiful and graceful movements of characters. and music is also delicious. there is a color. thanks to the person who gave the link (I'm just stupid).
and another thing: what kind of music plays in the game menu?
User avatar
16thSquadSanseki
Black Hole
Black Hole
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:37 pm
Location: CranKy Chat

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by 16thSquadSanseki Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Daniel Sun wrote:Guys, you will get your dream game. It will come, in time. I known what I'm doing.
But I'm not good enough as a designer to deliver that great game. I'm still growing, I need to get better.

Building Culmination was incredibly difficult. It took EVERYTHING out of me. It took so much out of me, that I needed to get out of my house and start working at a studio to change the environment.

I knew (before I starting making Culmination) that the game would be a stepping stone towards something greater. In fact, there are still a few more steps to take.
Armed with Wings 3 was a great game with many features. But it failed to any of them 100% justice. This is true, at least for me. I'd love to have fully animated cutscenes, I'd love to have EVEN MORE weapons, I'd love to have 'shadow of the colossus' -esc boss battles. And of course, I'd love to write a story that touches the heart.

I know I can't do all these things perfectly. Not yet. So I'm taking it one step at a time.

Culmination does an excellent job at combat.
The next step will focus on a new element. And I'll deliver my best work focusing on these elements until I'm ready to dream the dream & make it reality.

Hope you guys understand, that's all.

Dan, don't worry, it's just some constructive criticism (usually). So you can know what people pay attention to.
IMO the game is awesome, I wish it was longer or had some survival mode. And I'm really glad that you're going to farther develop your games.
My Art Thread | My Portfolio || 16thSquadSanseki on: deviantART | Twitter | tumblr || Avatar: Zergling by CarBot Animations
User avatar
VandheerLorde
Black Hole
Black Hole
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: The forest

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by VandheerLorde Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:01 am

Hmm.. reading all these "do this", "do that" or "don't do that" and "I liked that" or "I liked this" or "I disliked this" and "I have it an x/X" really made me think.. And it's a good thing that you take their criticism, even tho I think that they are a bit to harsh on you at some areas, like some things simply is simply a matter of taste..

I too am a dreaming "wanna be" game developer.. (Even tho I am not even CLOSE to where you are, ALL I have is the ideas in my head..) And I have been analyzing your games, what went good, what went bad, and try to learn from it.. because I see my future in your work. It's not hard for me to figure myself doing "simple" animating and coding, just the way that you started :), in a few years or so. And I would Love to have the chance to have a discussion with you one day.
But to cut to the cheese, I might do a complete "analyze, review and rating" of your AWW series in some near future (Even tho I have to warn you, I am NOT a "professional game reviewer", I am just very fond of games) But I will try to not let me "fandom" blind my judgement if I am ever to review your games and give them a "score"..

But to wrap it all up, it's easy to say, that your work, your games, have inspired me...
You said that you one day wish to be able to make a story that touches hearts, but somewhere through all of your hard work with your now 5 amazing Armed With Wings games (I include 'Red Moon' to the AWW universe) you already have :)
User avatar
Nameless1
Nebula
Nebula
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm
Location: the world of SotC

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Nameless1 Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:32 am

@Dan
Makes sense, Culmination was an experiment(attempt) to perfect one of the many elements you wish to have to a tee, a test run for the blackmist framework you created. Now that you have that one element smoothed out to your satisfaction you can take that formula and apply it to future works. With your combat "engine" so to speak, you have more time to work on other things. A step by step process to the dream game we all envision, it's a hell of a first step.
Make guns not war.

I'm water person, think of a Pisces with a longsword.
User avatar
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am
Location: Australia

Re: Culmination on NEWGROUNDS

by Daniel Sun Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Nameless1 wrote:@Dan
Makes sense, Culmination was an experiment(attempt) to perfect one of the many elements you wish to have to a tee, a test run for the blackmist framework you created. Now that you have that one element smoothed out to your satisfaction you can take that formula and apply it to future works. With your combat "engine" so to speak, you have more time to work on other things. A step by step process to the dream game we all envision, it's a hell of a first step.


Thanks dude, you know I'd love to make an adventure game with a very story driven element.
Gretal and Hansel II is an amazing adventure game: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/550407
I've been throwing some ideas around, of making a similar game in the Armed with Wings style. Imagine exploring a detailed world that comes to life and the player interacts with the environment.
I've always wanted to creating a living society as well, a town filled with people going about their daily lives. To build a game around such a world would be an amazing experience.

That's what I was going to do with the Armed with Wings 3 home town. Simply wasn't enough time.

-- Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:50 pm --

I'm locking this thread. All further Culmination discussion can continue @ viewtopic.php?f=9&t=786
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I've read all of them, and I acknowledge everyone opinions. Armed with this knowledge, I'm going to put my best foot forward for the next game.
Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest