Sun Studios flash games..
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rearmed Trials Discussion

by Daniel Sun Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Conversation for all things Rearmed Trials here.
Play the game on Newgrounds.com
DarklordMogrithe
Core Nova
Core Nova

Re: Rearmed Trials Discussion

by DarklordMogrithe Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:59 pm

Got some bug reports! :o
  • Enemies with weapons spawn black and then fade to white color, whereas they should start white and stay that way.
  • Vandheer might not be completely black in black VFX mode.
  • One sword is called "Broard Steel."
  • The Up+S attack on Vandheer shows the combo counter multiple times for the same amount. It should act like it does for other enemies and only show one hit.
  • Sometimes the music stops after retrying quickly.
  • At the end of a wave (seems to be 1-2 most often), the health/status of an enemy remains visible until the next wave.
  • Vandheer may teleport off the left side of the arena, then fall down from above when he runs back towards the center.
  • Not necessarily a bug, but you could make the game a little more forgiving by healing the player slightly after they get a weapon or complete a wave.
I hope you'll release Trials to some other sites once these are fixed! (Sun-Studios, Armor Games, Kongregate, etc.) A downloadable version might be cool so people can try it straight from Steam before buying it too. Overall, nice job!
Daniel Sun
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Daniel Sun Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:03 pm

Thanks for the handy reports! I do plan to release on other sites after it's been further refined :) Could bring it to itch.io and gamejolt too1
Fireknight
Newb

by Fireknight Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:57 am

I'm an English learner. Please ignore my grammar mistakes.
Here is my suggestions about the gameplay:

Tutorial should be more comprehensive : There is no tutorial for the "S" dash attack, Up+A and Up+S Attacks (Maybe they have been added already. I last played the tutorial a few days ago).
Probably there will be players who are new to aww series. Without knowing elites' abilities and weaknesses, also Vandheer's attack types, how a newcomer can overcome against them? A tutorial with an introduce about them would be nice.

Vandheer Should Drop Health :
The wave 8, which is Vandheer boss battle, causing a lot of health loss. After killing VL, he should drop health orbs in order to recover the lost health.

Easy Mode : Some players like easiness, isn't it?
DarklordMogrithe
Core Nova
Core Nova

by DarklordMogrithe Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:16 pm

I agree that the tutorial should cover all the Up/Down/Forward modifiers on attacks, and even multiple presses of D. I've noticed many people reviewing on NG who are angry that they can't jump or bored because they think combat is only "spam A then press D before you get hurt." However, I believe that finding out the abilities of enemies should be part of the game. Players should be able to figure out their own tactics against them rather than being shown them right away.

I definitely agree that Vandheer should drop health, like the tank boss on NG does.

Some might argue that the game is too easy already with health drops and normal difficulty enemies. If there's an easy mode added, there should also be a harder mode added (so Easy, Normal, and Hard/Futile). This would make every enemy have the ability to block/dodge, and could remove the health drops too. These separate difficulties, if added, should get their own scoreboards, if that's possible.
Return to Games